Foundation 51 is pleased to announce that our grant process for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year will focus exclusively on grants to teachers, staff, and administrators at MSAD 51. We have set aside $15,000 in grant money to help address the challenges of teaching and supporting students in a remote/hybrid learning environment. We welcome your creative solutions, ideas, and approaches!
Beginning in January, Foundation 51 will accept grants on a rolling basis. Applications may be submitted by the first of every month (January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1, and May 1) or until all funds have been expended. Submissions will be reviewed by the Foundation 51 Board of Directors at their monthly meeting (the 2nd Wednesday of the month) and applicants will be contacted for additional information or clarification as needed. Note: grant awards will be announced no later than the last day of each month. Funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
• Funding requests MUST specifically support enhancing the delivery of online or hybrid learning for students, teachers or staff in response to COVID-19. Project or program requests not related to supporting learning in an online or hybrid learning environment will not be considered at this time.
• Requests may be submitted by individual teachers, staff, or administrators to support a single classroom, an entire grade, an entire MSAD51 school, or district-wide.
• Requests will be accepted for teaching tools, technology, curriculum enhancement, outdoor learning and engagement, professional development, books, materials and supplies.
• Requests will NOT be accepted for:
– Alternatives to existing district-wide technology (i.e. Jamboard)
– Gift cards to Teachers Pay Teachers
– Materials and supplies that could be obtained through CARES Act funds (confirm with your administrator prior to applying)
– Individual student needs such as backpacks, winter clothing or boots, technology for home, etc. Please contact Central Office or your Administrator if you have a student with a personal need.
• Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org